Eat them, decorate with them, give out mallets as favors – there are tons of ways to use this Maryland icon in your wedding. We’ve all been to at least one crab feast rehearsal dinner. Because we all know…crabcakes and football, that’s what Maryland does!
2. Bring our home teams into the picture!
The Ravens, Orioles, Terps, or Jays – Maryland girls don’t shy away from including our love of sports into the big day.
3. All Marylanders know that we have the best state flag-period!
Whether you use our famous print in small touches or go all out, no one will question where you’re from.
4. Our allegiance to Old Bay and J.O. Spice is legendary.
Those iconic colors of yellow, red, white, and navy blue get a Marylander’s mouth watering every time! These tasty seasonings can be used for favors, gifts, as part of your menu, or even as inspiration for your invitations.
5. Black eyed susans
Our state flowers are a Maryland classic that bring a natural style to your wedding.
6. Black eyed susans of another kind are perfect for receptions…
Our traditional Preakness cocktail of the same name livens up any dance floor.
7. Equestrian themes are true to Maryland style.
Our state is home to amazingly beautiful farmland with gorgeous barns, ready to host your ceremony and reception.
8. Does any other state have an official cake? Smith Island Cake belongs to us!
Show off your hometown pride with this delicious dessert for a bridal shower, rehearsal dinner, or even as a twist on the traditional wedding cake.
9. Let’s go downy ocean, hon!
Even if you can’t get to the beach for your wedding, you can serve boardwalk classics like Fisher’s popcorn, Thrashers fries, salt water taffy, or donuts from The Fractured Prune that will transport your guests to O.C. with one bite.
10. Have guests coming in from out of town? Put together a gift bag of Maryland classics.
11. Show off our Chesapeake Bay
The Chesapeake Bay or Inner Harbor is a gorgeous backdrop (or method of transportation to get you to the aisle!)
12. A gorgeous Maryland mountain backdrop
We Marylanders are lucky enough to have everything from the beach to the mountains in our home state. You don’t even have to brave the cold – our mountains are the perfect setting in any season.
13. Map it out
The shape of our state is unmistakeable. Create an invitation or save the date that gives guests a map to your heart.
14. Berger Cookies? Best. Favor. Ever.
Check out our Pinterest boards for links to all of these photos and more inspiration!
Image Source: Pinterest