You found the perfect gown! To preserve your memories and the dress of your dreams, have Glyndon Lord Baltimore’s experts in dress conservation clean and preserve it properly. Since 1921, Glyndon Lord Baltimore Cleaners has been the premier specialty cleaners in the Greater Baltimore area. Our award-winning service includes complimentary pick-up and delivery of your wedding gown. Please see our website for complete details regarding our cleaning and preservation techniques and methods.
This local business takes Community and the Environment very seriously.
- ZeroCarbon Cleaning. Glyndon Lord Baltimore Cleaners offsets all carbon dioxide emissions that result from the process of cleaning and preserving your wedding gown (from the bride’s trip to and from our store or our drivers picking-up and delivering to you, to the cleaning procedures, to the preservation packaging manufacture) with our donation to Carbonfund.org, the leading nonprofit carbon offset, and climate solutions organization. Our donations support worldwide reforestation projects that reduce carbon dioxide emissions.
- Glyndon Lord Baltimore Cleaners recycles between 100 and 150 pounds of hangers every week!
- YTD, Glyndon Lord Baltimore Cleaners has recycled over 600 Lbs. of LLDPE plastic (the plastic film used to protect garments after cleaning) with a recycling center in Canton, MD.
- Glyndon Lord Baltimore Cleaners was one of the first textile cleaning companies in the country to install The Metal Progetti Conveyor System. All garments are barcoded and scanned, eliminating the need for safety pins that were previously used to fasten the ticket to your garment. No need for metal safety pins and no more damage to the garment from the pin.
- After washing and folding laundry, it is delivered to their customers wrapped in brown paper and tied shut with a blue ribbon. No plastic to worry about placing in landfills. Brown paper and ribbon are old-fashioned, lovely, and environmentally-friendly.
- Carroll County Career and Technology Center, Textiles and Fashion Career Students collaborated with Glyndon Lord Baltimore Cleaners in raising Awareness for Responsible Consumption, Recycling, and Sustainability! Senior designers engineered fully lined ensembles, each completely different with One product the same for all….repurposed dry-cleaning bags! Designers submitted a Sustainability/Recycle essay that will be considered for a College Scholarship by Glyndon Lord Baltimore Cleaners!
- The Maryland Institute College of Art’s Product Design Department and Glyndon Lord Baltimore Cleaners have partnered on an effort to promote sustainability in course curriculum by providing students with recycled LLDPE plastic poly bags and hangers and challenged them to create functional, reproducible, sellable items. Results have included coasters, purses, umbrellas, dog leashes, and a variety of other items that demonstrate how materials destined for a landfill can be repurposed into beautiful, useful, everyday items.