Hillendale Country Club - Events Sales Manager
Hillendale Country Club is seeking an Event Sales Manager who will be responsible for creating and designing and coordinates private events such as weddings, member and non-member social events, golf outings, and corporate events. The Event Sales Manager is charged with the management and supervision of clerical, technical and other junior personnel.
Candidates should have proven event planning experience and be knowledgeable of food and beverage, creative, very detail-oriented and able to multi-task. Additionally, this individual should be well versed in building lasting relationships and have a keen eye for details and creative opportunities.
Special Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, including proofing and editing
- Ability to manage high volume of work and multiple priorities; strong presentations skills
- Ability to generally work independently as well as part of a team
- Leadership skills to effectively manage project staff with and without reporting relationships.
- Expertise with event and meeting planning principles and best practices.
- Contract management and negotiations.
- Experience with events management software.
- Proven track record with critical thinking and problem solving abilities
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access; etc.)
- Familiar with audio visual equipment and troubleshooting.
Physical Requirements for the Job:
- This position requires the ability to work early mornings, evenings and weekend hours as necessary.
- Ability to sit in a normal seated position for extended periods of time
- Dexterity of hands to operate a computer keyboard, mouse pad and other office machinery
- The incumbent will be required to communicate regularly via telephone and face to face with internal and external customers and must be able to exchange accurate and timely information in these settings
- Position also requires a degree of mobility common to working in an office environment; bending, kneeling or standing during events and presentations may be required
Bachelor’s degree in hospitality, sales, marketing, or related field. Two years of related work experience required, five years of relevant work experience preferred.
Please email resumes to Dick Celestefirstname.lastname@example.org.