The Center Club-Assistant to the Director of Catering
For over 50 years, The Center Club has provided warm hospitality, impeccable service, and the best cuisine to Baltimore’s top business, civic and non-profit leaders. The Center Club is committed to attentive service where Members are recognized, their preferences remembered, and their desires promptly fulfilled. The Center Club is presently seeking a highly creative and talented Assistant to Director of Catering to continue with our tradition.
The primary purpose of the position is to assist the Director of Catering with the creative vision, selling, promoting, planning, and coordinating of all aspects of social events, private events, and meeting functions held at The Center Club. Events may include weddings, wedding receptions, rehearsal dinners, luncheons, holiday parties, special events and more. The Assistant to the Director of Catering assists in planning, preparation, set-up, and all details for every function held at The Center Club. The Assistant to the Director of Catering must be well-organized, accessible, and communicate professionally and respond promptly to members’ and non-members’ event requests. Additionally, s/he will proactively and positively promote The Center Club and enhance awareness of The Center Club within the community. This position works closely with the Director of Catering to design custom menus to meet member needs and s/he works very closely with the entire management team to communicate, plan for well in advance and properly execute The Center Club events.
- Two-year College or university degree in Hospitality Management or Culinary Arts. Experience can be substituted for degree.
- Previous knowledge, skills and abilities of fine dining food service environment.
Job Knowledge, Core Competencies and Expectations
- Food and beverage cost controls and operating procedures.
- Catering services.
- Contracts and agreement.
- Event management.
- Sales and marketing.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Polished, professional appearance and presentation.
- Effective communication through all department levels and throughout club.
- Knowledge of and ability to perform required role during emergency situations.
- Supervision of daily paper flow including Banquet Event Orders (BEO) updates, proposals and function contracts.
- Organize and set board along with printing member and staff packets.
- Create floor plans for weekly events and update event details daily.
- Contact clients, update and confirm details to finalize BEOs.
- Collaborate with Accounts Payable to code department invoices.
- Handle all catering inquiries and ensure timely follow up on the same business day.
- Oversee daily paper flow including proposals and function contracts.
- Attend and participate in weekly meeting.
- Create and distribute menu cards, place cards and banquet/buffet cards.
- Co-coordinate large events and club events.
- Assist with function billing.
- All other duties as directed by the General Manager.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Required to stand for long periods and walk, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, stretch and twist or reach.
- Push, pull or lift up to 50 pounds.
- Continuous repetitive motions.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.