Pro TipAssisting Couples Find Their Starter or Dream Home by Listening, Communicating, Honesty & Professionalism
by Amy Bull Smith — Amy Bull Smith
Amy has been involved in real estate her entire life. Her dad was her role model and mentor, exposing her to the world of commercial real estate from a small child. Amy’s dad strongly believed in the importance of community involvement, staying active in the activities and boards of various local organizations. Amy witnessed his involvement as a huge advantage to his clients, and has incorporated that same philosophy into her career. She spends a percentage of her time networking business to business, building her resources to help her clients; from title companies, insurance brokers, banks and more.
Currently Amy is concentrating her efforts on a 60 mile radius around Severna Park, MD. This includes Baltimore City & County, all of Anne Arundel County, Howard County, and over the Bay Bridge. If you are looking outside of that vicinity, Amy is happy to connect you with an agent who can help you in the area that you hope to call home.
What to Do When Looking To Buy a Home
With the current crazy housing market, we’ve asked Amy to share a few tips to make the process of finding your new home a comfortable experience.
- Get pre-qualified for a mortgage before you start. Finding the home of your dreams and not being able to put in an offer immediately, will almost guarantee you not getting the home in today’s market
- Spend time driving around and googling homes, so that you can learn what is important to both of you, what is a deal breaker, and avoid uncomfortable conversations in the heat of the moment, when one of you finds your dream home and your partner doesn’t like it
- Get connected with an agent you like and trust
- As the process progresses, take the time to READ anything you sign and make sure that you understand the document you are signing. Taking the time on the front end could save you angst and money later on
- Make sure you have a great title company, by reading reviews, asking for references and talking with them
A professional, top-notch real estate agent will assist you in bringing all of this together. This is probably the most money you will spend on anything in your life. Do it right. Hire the best. Enjoy the process!