Pro Tip“Planning ahead is key! As soon as you order or purchase your wedding dress – book your alterations appointment.”
by Joy Pelt — The Joy of Sewing & Embroidery Service
As many of us do in life – we begin a craft at any early age and Joy Pelt of The Joy of Sewing & Embroidery Service is no different. Joy started sewing at the age of seven with her aunt and grandmother.
With 25+ years of experience, Joy is an accomplished seamstress, and a designer providing personalized sewing and embroidery services. She is passionate about what she does, working with customers to create unique pieces.
- Planning Ahead is KEY.
- Shop for your dress at least 12-18 months ahead of your wedding date
- Measure properly! To help save you time and money – when you are looking and measuring for a dress – measure “Hollow-to-Hem” or “Unattached Lace” especially for those lace hemlines – details about these measurements are on her website.
- Book your appointment for alterations as soon as you order or purchase your wedding dress. Provide as much info as possible right away; like photos, dress vendor or designer.
- Shop for your bridesmaids’ dresses early – at least 6-months in advance.
- Timing is everything – Spring (April/May/June): are the busiest times for alterations. Fall (September/October): book early – turnaround time for wedding alterations is 3-4 months.
What sets us apart from other alteration companies?
- The initial consult is 60-90 minutes. No one is rushed!
- When your wedding party makes a reservation 8 weeks prior to the wedding date, they receive 10% OFF their alterations.
- We offer special Bridal Dresser Services
- Bustle-N-Go Service
- Minimum Service
- Full-Day Service
Joy is an experienced seamstress, and an outstanding designer, who can transform your wedding dress after the big day. You can check out her full gallery on her website and social media pages.
Here are some ideas to consider:
- Baptism gowns
- Keepsake robe
- Donate for “Angel Gowns” (burial dressings for babies)
- Wedding gown transformed into a flower girl or everyday dress
For a stress-free and “seamless” experience concerning the alterations for you and everyone in your wedding party, contact Joy Pelt – The Joy of Sewing & Embroidery Service – who will deliver first class, personalized experience.