Congratulations! After only seven days, you are going to be married. It’s time for the final countdown to one of the best days of your life. To help you navigate the last week of planning and make your final to-do lists, we have listed a few things to remember to do leading up to that big day. Check out our suggestions below to help you organize your personalized 7 day checklist.
A Week Before Your Wedding
- Confirm your guest list and finalize the seating plan with your venue coordinator
- Communicate with all of your vendors to confirm their service/product for your wedding
- Create a “shot list” for the photographer/videographer and send them your final day-of timeline
- Finalize your song list for the DJ
- If you will be making a speech, make the final edits and rehearse saying it aloud
- Begin teeth whitening strips to brighten your smile
4-5 Days Before
- Write Thank You Cards and wrap gifts for your wedding party, parents and/or vendors.
- Create an “emergency kit” with wedding-day essentials
2-3 Days Before
- Ask the wedding party to do a final fitting to make sure they have all their attire & that it fits
- Prepare payments for each vendor and give them to a reliable friend or a family member to pay for services on the day of the wedding
- Pamper yourself with a manicure, pedicure, massage, waxing, and spray tanning if you wish
- Lay out your outfit for your rehearsal dinner and pack a bag for your wedding night
The Day Before
- Have a final meeting with your planner and/or venue coordinator and drop off seating cards and other decor items to the venue at that time
- Have a rehearsal with you wedding party and coordinator early evening and enjoy a dinner together afterwards
- Place all essential marriage ceremony documents into a large envelope and ask a trusted person to bring the envelope to the ceremony
- Take a relaxing bath with Epsom salt and calming essential oils such as lavender or chamomile
On Your Wedding Day
- Wash your face with ice water to reduce puffiness
- Take 15 minutes to yourself to calm your nerves and express gratitude for this cherished day
- Assign a reliable member of the wedding party to keep an eye on the time to keep the day on schedule
- Have fun, roll with the punches and remember what this day is all about.
- Take a minute to to look around and enjoy seeing all of your family and friends gathered to support and celebrate you and your new spouse
Again, these are just suggestions that you can include in your personalized 7 day wedding checklist. We hope the day is everything you’ve ever dreamed of and that you have a luxurious honeymoon planned. After your honeymoon, remember to confirm that your marriage certificate has been mailed and change your last name.
Photos courtesy of perfect moment wedding photography studio.
BIO: Wedding photography expert Jeffrey Wang has his own wedding photography studio in Sydney Perfect Moment Photography. He helped hundreds of couples to capture their love stories and the raw emotions and spirit behinds the weddings. In his free time, he writes about love stories, venues and photography tips for known wedding blogs around the globe.